Prominent Properties Sotheby’s International Realty
October 2017 to Present – Greater NY City Area, Montclair, NJ Office
Provide real estate services to buyers and sellers. These services include, but are not limited to providing education, competitive market analysis, pricing, negotiating terms, marketing, renting properties, listing homes for sale, representing buyers in organizing offers and buying a home – and offering relocation / investment resources through global network.
Bloom Five, LLC
October 2013 to Present – Greater NY City Area, Montclair, NJ
Provide basic business communications, writing, social media & video production
- Business Communications: Marketing, resumes, cv’s, cover letters, newsletters, brochures, basic design
- Social Media: Set up social media accounts. Active on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube. Original content producer. Content curation.
- Video: A-Z planning and production
SELECTED VIDEO PRODUCTION SAMPLES:
National Iranian American Council – NIAC
NE Regional Chair, National Iranian American Council (volunteer) | NIACAction.org /2015-2019
- Strategize, plan and implement grassroots efforts in NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, DC.
- Manage 5 volunteer state captains.
- Build community and coalitions to improve campaign outcomes.
- Educate public about NIAC’s mission, goals, campaigns, and accomplishments.
NJ Captain, National Iranian American Council (volunteer) | NIACouncil.org / 2013-2019
- Oversee grassroots efforts and community building activities for New Jersey.
- Led campaign supporting the Iran Deal, petitions, senate legislative meetings.
Various Projects, Shiraz, Iran | mariaafsharian.com / 2005-2013
- Relocated back to birthplace Shiraz, Iran after father passed away, who lived there.
- Worked on various volunteer NGO, philanthropic
Founder, MAHAK Charity Shiraz | mahak-charity.org/main-en/ / 2007-present
- Proposed /developed first branch of MAHAK Charity Pediatric Cancer Organization.
- Funded by MAHAK branch – jobs created for women who help hundreds of patients.
- Serves as the model for other MAHAK branch offices in Iran.
- Has OFAC license through US Government through ISCC Charity Organization.
- MAHAK is recognized by the UN as one of the best NGO’s in the Middle
Various positions, NBC Universal, Washington, DC | nbcnews.com/dateline / 1997-2005
Producer, Insider Reports, Dateline NBC / 2003-2005
Associate Producer, Dateline NBC / 2003-2005
Intern Coordinator, Dateline NBC / 2003-2005
Assistant Producer, Dateline NBC / 2001-2003
Researcher, Dateline NBC / 1998-2001
Production Manager, Dateline NBC (temporary position) / 1998-1999
Newscast Assistant, NBC News DC Affiliate -WRC / 1997-1998
Intern, Dateline NBC | nbcwashington.com / Summer 1997
- Worked on 60+ segments for national television news magazine, Dateline NBC.
- Conducted research, pitched stories, managed production, crew, interviews.
- Recipient of several national journalism awards.
Marketing Assistant, USA TODAY Newspaper, Newington, VA | USAToday.com / 1995-1997
- Assisted Marketing and Circulation Directors.
- Organized and implemented team building, community outreach and marketing events.
Public Relations, University Medical Ctr., Dimensions Breast Center, Lubbock, TX / 1993-1995
- Worked with patients referred for mammograms by doctors, scheduled appointments.
- Provided community outreach, public relations and helped plan special events.
- Left to move to Washington, DC area for new opportunity in communications.
Owner / Operator, Action Personnel Resume and Career Services, Lubbock, TX /1988-1993
- Created and managed successful resume service in family owned HR/career agency.
- Left for an opportunity to work in public relations.
American University, DC & Montgomery College, Rockville, MD / 1995-1997
Completed several courses in film, video, production & television news writing
International Business College, Lubbock, TX / 1991-1992
Computer Office Management Certificate
Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, TX / 1985-1990
BS Business Communications, focusing on public relations and journalism
Campus Edition newspaper contributor and advertising manager
Iranian-American Women Foundation (IAWFoundation.org)
NY Chapter Social Media Committee Member, NY Conference Committee Member
Building One America (BuildingOneAmerica.org)
Leadership Training and Community Organizing
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC.com)
National Iranian American Council, NJ Co-Captain (NIACouncil.org)
NE Regional Chair (NY, NJ, PA, CT)
NJ State Captain
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
NJ Department of Banking and Insurance
Real Estate Salesperson License
Islamic Republic of Iran Ministry of Higher Education
Iranian accreditation of B.S. Business Communications degree earned in the United States
Goft-va-Shnood English Institute, Shiraz, Iran
Teaching English as a Second Language
International Business School. Lubbock, Texas
Computer office management
- Social Media: Content creation, marketing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Writing: Letters, resumes, CV’s, business communications, bios, reports, typing
- Video: A-Z production, planning, booking, interviewing, videotaping, transcription, editing, posting
- Web: Data mining, research, analytics, digital marketing, networking
- Computer: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, Mac, PC, Chrome, Safari etc.
- Tools: Hootsuite, Buffer, Canva graphic design, Weebly web design, iMovie
- American English, native
- Farsi or Persian, professional working proficiency